The 28th UIA World Congress of Architects will take place in Copenhagen, July 2-6, 2023. With the theme “Sustainable Futures – Leave No One Behind”, the congress will shed light on architecture’s potential to shape better societies and contribute to a sustainable future. The invited keynote speakers include leading global voices from the worlds of architecture, politics, science and business.
The keynote speakers for UIA World Congress of Architects 2023 are:
– Bjarke Ingels (Architect. Founder, BIG)
– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Award-winning writer)
– Chris Downey (Founder, Architecture for the Blind)
– Christian Benimana (Architect. Co-founder, African Design Centre. Director, MASS Design Group)
– Connie Hedegaard (Chair of the EU Commission Mission Board on Adaptation to Climate Change)
– Elizabeth Timme (Architect. Co-founder, Office of Office)
– Francis Kéré (Architect. Founder, Kéré Architecture)
– Jim Hagemann Snabe (Chairman, Siemens. Board Member, World Economic Forum)
– Kunlé Adeyemi (Architect, professor, and development strategist. Founder and principal of NLÉ)
– Maria Neira (Director of the Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health at WHO)
– Mette Skjold (CEO & partner, SLA)
– Partha Dasgupta (Emeritus Professor of Economics at the University of Cambridge)
– Ursula von der Leyen (President of the European Commission) (tbc)
Alongside the keynotes, the Congress programme will include a wide range of sessions which will explore how architecture and the built environment can contribute to a more sustainable future. Confirmed Session Chairs are:
Anders Lendager, Anna Heringer, Anna Rubbo, Arif Hasan, Billie Faircloth, Camilla Ryhl, Camilla van Deurs, Carlo Ratti, Carlos Moreno, Chris Precht, Cora Valloire, Dorte Mandrup, Ellen Braae, Jan Gehl, Juan Du, Julia Gamolina, Kai-Uwe Bergman, Kent Martinussen, Magda Mostafa, Maibritt Pedersen Zari, Martha Lewis, Merve Bedir, Mette Ramsgaard Thomsen, Ofri Earon, Omar Ghandi, Rainer Mahlamäki, Ruth Baumeister, Sandi Hilal, Shelley McNamara, Tokunbo Omisore, Yvonne Farrell.
Major architecture event in Copenhagen:
The UIA World Congresses are key events for professional exchange among all the world’s architects, taking place every three years since 1948, and bringing together thousands of participants from around the globe. Each of the UIA World Congresses focus on a specific architecture-related theme, developed by notable personalities from the international architectural, planning and construction fields.
The UIA World Congress invites architects and professionals from the building and planning communities to join the congress in Copenhagen in July 2023, where more than 10,000 professionals are expected to participate.