If your bathroom is spacious, it easily accommodated plumbing, furniture, washer, dryer and many other items. The same owners bath, which we have to appreciate every square inch in this room, you can suggest this option to save the free space as a closet for the washing machine.
This furniture will replace the hanging shelves, cabinets, or hooks, as well as helping to hide the body technique. What features of cabinets for washing machines, you should know in advance whether you can make this furniture with his own hands, and how to install it?
- The presence of such a Cabinet will help to restore order in the room. You can easily place inside detergent, stocks of toiletries, rags, paper and other things stored in the bathroom.
- In addition, the bathroom will clean up much easier, as sprays, boxes, cans, bottles from cosmetic products can be kept out of sight, where they quickly collect dust, and inside the Cabinet.
- You no longer have to put on the washing machine small objects, removing them for washing. All the details can be hidden inside the Cabinet.
- If your wardrobe is built-in hamper, you can hide from the prying eyes of dirty linen.
- For the washing machine will no longer fall cloth and other items.
- Thanks to the installation of the Cabinet the noise from the operation of the apparatus will be reduced.
- The washing machine can be protected from abuse of children or animals.
For cabinets in the bathroom it is important to choose materials that are not afraid of water and high humidity. They must be attractive in appearance.
For wardrobe, hiding in the bathroom the washing machine is often used:
- Glass. Which can be mirrored, frosted or transparent, and decorated with drawings or engravings. This moisture resistant material that blends perfectly with any interior. The truth is the wardrobe of glasses is not cheap, and in many cases design has to be ordered, which will further increase the costs.
- Slab material. Most often in our bathrooms, found MDF, since such plates are water-resistant protective film. Dangerous only water in place of fasteners and joints parts. Is a cupboard for the washing machine out of MDF, quite moderate, however, significant diversity among the models you will find.
- Tree. Such material in the bathroom we used to avoid, but in our time, the wood could be used for cabinets with a washing machine as it is processed by special impregnations and varnish. However, this quality Cabinet made of wood can’t be cheap.
- Plastic. This is the most unpretentious material, which is resistant to water and cleaners, and is cheaper than the others. Besides, he represented a wide variety of colors and finishes. This Cabinet can be selected as a temporary measure with a limited budget.
Most often this type of furniture is a rectangular or square Cabinet. If you select the corner option, there is a possibility to set the Cabinet with semi-circular doors.
Cabinet combined with washing machine can be:
- Free-standing. In this case, the technique installs under the sink, and the wardrobe is more like a cupboard, inside which near the machine may be the dryer, Laundry basket, shelves for household chemicals, hidden from the eyes of the pipe. In addition, the top of the Cabinet can continue to turn on the sink, which is even more advantageous to save space.
- Vertical. Standard Cabinet with hinged doors, where no bottom and hidden washing machine. Appliances in the same Cabinet can be raised, allowing for easier loading/unloading of linen.
- Embedded. This option is expensive, and very difficult to implement, as it requires alterations and repair work.
- Angular. A great choice for the owner of a small bathroom, which has a free corner.
Possible wall option?
This Cabinet option, under which will be placed a washing machine is also available in the market. In overhead Cabinet easy to hide the meters and communications, as well as to place many small items. Between the washing machine and the lower part of the Cabinet must remain a small gap. Often for visual expansion of space model of a cupboard in the bathroom is complemented by a glass door.
Quite often, the wardrobe, inside of which is a washing machine, bought individually to fit the size, but the market there are ready-made options. For example, the popular company IKEA offers a convenient model for such a Cabinet, made of chipboard with a protective film. The model is called Lillangen and is available in white and black and brown.
This tall narrow Cabinet width 64 cm, inside which are installed two shelves (can be adjusted for height) and two towel racks. The product also features a adjustable plastic legs for greater stability of the model and protect the Cabinet from moisture.
Hinged model of the Cabinet for the washing machine produces a Russian company Vod ok. Product width is 60 cm, and a wardrobe made from MDF. It has two shelves and top compartment with hinged doors, complemented with closers for smooth closing.
How to make your own hands?
If you are not satisfied with the range of finished cabinets for the bathroom in stores, you can always build the product yourself. However, you must have at least the basic skills of joinery and special tools.
First draw a draft of the future Cabinet, to calculate all the dimensions and contact the furniture manufacturers in the city. Order particle Board or MDF with cut and take away the finished parts. Home guard metal corners and screws, then install the Cabinet in its place. If desired, this Cabinet can be fitted with shelving or drawers.
- Sure to leave free space (at least 2-3 cm) between a washing machine and a walled enclosure to the vibration of the machine is not damaged furniture.
- The cupboard for the washing machine and has a moisture protection, try to set this furniture is further away from the places that regularly gets water, especially hot.
- If your Cabinet has a base, it is important to ensure that it will not interfere with cars.