The main task is to buy healthy trees so we:
- Buy only nursery with a good reputation in their signature spots(no bazaars or online stores), product you must see and feel”, to have someone to consult, and if something happens make a claim!
- Take only the seedlings with closed root system(in the pot, the grid…that is, with a clod of earth)
- Tree should look healthy, lush, no nicks and NO BUMPS!!! Do not believe if you see a thin stunted thuja, and will tell you what you have in the soil arborvitae will grow and become fluffy…..
- Look very closely at the earthen coma or not there are larvae of the may beetle(the beetle is the main pest of coniferous trees).
- After planting should be watered abundantly, to feed in the spring and main to protect trees from DOGS, dog urine can completely destroy the tree.
5 reasons to plant arborvitae as a green fence:
1) Very good hair cut, so the plant can be shaped in any form;
2) Thuja completely unpretentious;
3) Protects from wind, noise and dust;
4) durable and easy to clean;
5) Cleans and disinfects the air around him, killing harmful germs and bacteria;